Working as a self-employed professional is not easy, particularly when it comes to securing a mortgage for a house. Are you looking for advice about Contractor Mortgages in Edinburgh?
Lothian Mortgage Service have a team of experienced mortgage advisers who can help you find a competitive mortgage rate by comparing the entire market.
Over the years, we have worked with numerous self- employed contractors with the aim of helping them understand the industry and make the right decisions.
We are a top rated mortgage broker in the UK who listens to you, understand your unique personal circumstances and are dedicated to help you find the mortgage offer that suits you. We have encountered numerous questions and we have answered a lot of them.
In most cases, contractors do not work at normal business hours and it can be hard to reach them at times. Therefore, it can be very hard to find time to discuss your mortgage. To facilitate effective communication, we are available whenever you are. Contact our specialist contractor mortgage team today to discuss how we can help you.
Can you get a mortgage if you are a contractor?
There are additional factors that contractor mortgage lenders consider before they determine whether you are eligible for a mortgage besides your income, age, credit rating and the type of property you want to buy. The additional factors are:
- The type of contractor you are
- How long you’ve left on your contract
- How long you’ve been contracting
- How long you’ve worked in that industry
- Whether you have had contracts renewed before
What types of contractors mortgages are there?
In the UK, these are the types of mortgages available:
- Self-employed contractors
- One day contract as long as it is at least 6 months long
- Short term contractors/employed fixed (previous experience required)
- Umbrella company employees (at least 12-month working history)
- Zero hours contract workers (at least 6 months working history)
- Agency workers (at least 12 months working history)